Exhibit with LEDA
Thank you for your interest in exhibiting with us! LEDA, offers two main options for exhibiting your work.
The first is the option of hiring the gallery from us for a weekend exhibition, you’ll pay a flat rate for hire and we do not take any commissions for your work. We consider both solo and group applications (Joint submission for groups).
The alternative option is to do a full month represented by us through application. No applications are guaranteed.
Please see the below information regarding both of these options;
Weekend Exhibition hire
Our weekend exhibitions are designed to give artist the opportunity to hire our venue and showcase their bodies of work.
We have designed the hire option over a weekend so that artist have the option of loading in the Thursday of agreed week, enjoy the gallery opening hours Friday for viewing and the opportunity to hold their opening night either a Friday or Saturday of selected weekend, and then load out the body of work the following Wednesday at 10am (gallery opens). These conditions can be flexible based on your requirements.
Load in: Thursday
Gallery opening hours/ viewing: Friday 10am-3pm
Opening night: either Friday or Saturday 6pm-9pm
Sunday/ Monday/ Tuesday: Gallery Closed
Wednesday: load out 10am
What we offer
- In house curating assistance
- Access to bar, kitchenette and glasses
- Supervision from gallery staff for entire hire In house playlist and professional sound-system
- Microphone on request
- Load in and out assistance
- Gallery sitting and sales
- Email exhibition invitation to gallery mailing list and client base
Artist is required to promote their show.
Alcohol and bar operator must be supplied by artist.
The final amount must be settled prior to the commencement of the exhibition.
35% must be paid to secure your weekend exhibition at time of booking.
The weekend Exhibition hire is a flat rate of $824.00
Represented 4 Week Exhibition
The 4-week exhibition is designed for artists to showcase their body of work with full representation by LEDA Gallery.
The work will be loaded in at the beginning of the calendar month with an opening night on the following weekend (Second week of the month). Load out will be on a Wednesday at the end of the month. This can also be subject to change based on individual availability requirements.
What We Offer
- In house curating assistance
- Fully operated bar with provided alcohol and catering
- Provide listing via the gallery website stockroom with professional photography
- Prepare an email exhibition invitation and distribute to gallery database
- Promote your exhibition via our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram & website)
- Supervise the gallery and sales during opening hours and opening night (10-3 Wednesday to Saturday)
- Exhibition installation/ deinstallation assistance
- Provide basic tools and materials to return walls to their original state
- Curated playlist from our Melbourne creator with professional in-house system
- Microphone and PA on request
- Advertisement via popular press
- Physical posters, flyers and signage for the gallery via our designer
- Decal signage installed in gallery with artist and exhibition title
We take a 35% commission on works sold and we require a flat gallery fee of $500 per week.
A down payment of $500.00 is required to secure your months exhibition, and the remainder is to be settled at the beginning of the showing at time of load in. We also insist that artists advertise their own show.
If you’d like to apply for a fully represented show, get in touch through our enquiry form.